Sunday, May 23, 2010

Good News/Bad News: Mario and the end of GameCrazy

Folks, there is tension running today and many know why. But for this event, I shall bring you to the Good News/Bad News

First the good news. If you haven't heard, Super Mario Galaxy 2 has came out today. The sequel to one of the best games of the Wii. In some people's eyes, it's a measly rehash. And that rehashing is bad for an IP. Try telling that to the many people who bought sequels and me-too IPs.

But I wonder....how does this rehash stand out?

IGN- 10/10
1UP- A
Gamespot- 10/10
Game Informer-9.25/10
GamePro- 4.5/5
Giant Bomb- 5/5
Game Trailers- 9.7/10
Escapist- 5 stars
Worth Playing- 9.5/10
Computer & Video Games UK- 9.3/10


*Jaw Drops

Holy *CENSORED* I GUESS REHASH MUST BE BEST REHASH EVER! I GOTTA GET ME COPY!

But before I do so, some bad news. As you are aware, GameCrazy, and its parent company Hollywood Video, will be closing its doors. I myself, was upset when GameCrazy closed down in Southern California. But you who still have GameCrazy can check out its going out of business sale. Look at the Works Cited and click on GoNintendo for more information

GameCrazy, I'd like to thank you for the decade of being an alternative to Gamestop. For providing me with games I can't get elsewhere and oldskool pre-Gen 6 games that I Can't get anywhere else.

Works Cited:
Game Rankings
MetaCritic
GoNintendo

No comments:

Post a Comment