Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Review Fallout part 1: Modern Warfare 2

Do you smell that fallout in the air? That's the fallout of Modern Warfare 2. The first set of reviews have come in and apparently, I'm steamed. Why? Because they're in the mid 9s area.

IGN reviewed the PC, 360 and PS3 version and gave it a 9.5/10.

GameTrailers gave it a 9.5 as well, ranking it higher than a PS3 exclusive: Uncharted 2. Does that mean...a Multiplatform game is better than an exclusive? Does that mean...GASP...IT'S THE END OF EXCLUSIVES AND THE BEGINNING OF THE MULTIPLATFORM DARK AGES! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

*Screams like a little girl*

Oh sorry. Was too excited back there.

Even GiantBomb has sold out. They gave this game a Perfect Score, just like they did with Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe.

Of course, not everyone agrees with the reviews and are calling out on it. As you are aware, the PC version will only support 9vs9 and will have P2P servers instead of dedicated servers. But with these reviews, the fallout begins, and I blame this on Destructoid...

I would love to point the finger at IGN and say 'hey this game does not deserve a 9.5 Activision must have paid you off. Failz'
But have you seen the metacritic scores? A lot of other sites gave MW2 a really high score. Why? I dont know


Because they paid those other review sites off. It's a conspiracy.

Who the hell plays a first person shooter for the single player? If you want single player go play a RPG!!!!! FPS were built for multiplayer... Halo come on don't tell me millions play it for its amazing story line (Haha)....

Exactly. Who the hell even plays DooM or Bioshock for its single player. Wait, you're telling me DooM invented SinglePlayer FPS gaming and Bioshock is 100% Single Player? ....I wonder what you've been smoking.

I am shocked to hear Modern Warfare 2 is a great game. I could not tell from the countless gushing articles before now

next, IGN will proclaim Modern Warfare 2 as Game of the Year. That will really shock me


Modern Warfare 2? GOTY over Uncharted 2? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

WOAH THIS GAME IS HORRIBLE, IT ONLY GOT AN INCREDIBLE. I AM DISSAPOINT IGN, NOT BUYING THIS GAME ANYMORE.

That's right. It's got an incredible. Nothing like that has an incredible, whatever the hell that is.

Sounds like IGN got a fat paycheck on this review. Graphics a 10 on a 2 year old graphics engine. IW must have a massive hog for this many people to have their lips wrapped around it at once.

That didn't stop IGN from giving WoW:WOTLK a 9/10(Graphics 8.5/10)

EVERYONE HEAR IS GAY CAUSE THEY ARE BUTT HURT ABOUT SINGLE PLAYER. THE ONLY REASON PEOPLE ON THIS THREAD ARENT CLAMORING ABOUT MULTIPLAYER IS BECAUSE RIGHT NOW THEY ARE PLAYING IT AND ARENT DILDOING THEMSELVES WITH PLOT TWISTS AND EPIC CONCLUSIONS.

If you gotta make your point, you gotta use all typos

okay...f'n ign you give GTA4 a 10 on everything when it is a horrible title no one plays any more and you give modern warfare a 9.5 when it is clearly better in EVERY way? you guys need to fix your shit

All while every other review site repeats what Fox..I mean IGN does.

Wow, no deductions for the PC versions omissions of basic PC online FPS game features! No offense Bozon, but aren't you more of a console player? Shouldn't one of the IGN PC guys be reviewing this game for the PC? Nice way to smooth over a big issue for many, many PC gamers IGN. I can clearly see my time coming to this site for reviews is wasted.

Yeah. Why couldn't they hire their PC reviewers when they're too busy playing WoW:WOTLK? ....CURSE YOU ACTIVISION BLIZZARD

Simulate warfare? BWHAHA, this game is the most aracdey, unrealistc shooter on the market. LMAO.

Because if its not stiff enough, then its not real enough. Activision. Where's the stiffness?

I love how every review I've seen for this so far just seems to "forget" there's a PC version that is complete crap compared to the console versions. It's really sad how bad IW butchered the game for PC and it's one of the reasons I refuse to support this title (even though I wouldn't be playing it on PC).

What? I wouldn't buy this even if there were dedicated servers and 64vs64 multiplayer. I would spend my time boasting about my Di...I mean my PC specs.

Honestly, for everyone trashing the single player campaing, is this the reason why you got Modern Warfare two or was it for the Multiplayer? And for all of the PC gamers stop trashing the game just because you got screwed over

Hey. You don't backmouth me you little rat. I have every right to be a whiny jackass over this.

But of course, why stick with just the comments? The user reviews paint a bigger picture, as I chose 5 of the best user reviews

I WAS TRYING TO PLAY THE SINGLE PLAYER, BUT I THINK I MUST HAVE BLINKED OR SOMETHING, BECAUSE I WAS AT DA END OF THE GAME BEFORE I KNOW IT. THIS IS WHAT THE SINGLE PLAYER WAS LIKE: SHOOTING GALLERY, FAKE MOVIE BIT, SHOOTING GALLERY, FAKE MOVIE BIT, SHOOTING GALLERY, OVER. IT WAS THE WURST.

Wait. You mean sausage is involved? Hype gone up.

This game more fail than the Gov't run health bill that was just passed. 9v9 I can handle. I can handle paying for DLC. No dedicated servers! No Mods! No Lean! This game removes everything that made the previous Call of Duty's a success. You can longer police your server with admins. Everything is done by vote. Punkbuster > VAC. Who remembers Counter-Strike and how hackable that game was. I plan on buying this game just to hack on. Guarantee I make it through a year without being banned.

Wait. This game was really developed by the dogs at the government? But of course. Why didn't Glenn Beck figure this out that Modern Warfare 2 was developed by the liberals in the White House? And where the heck were those tea parties that were gonna be held at Activision's headquarters?

F+++++++++++++++++, would not buy ever. F+++++++++++++++++, would not buy ever. F+++++++++++++++++, would not buy ever. F+++++++++++++++++, would not buy ever. F+++++++++++++++++, would not buy ever. F+++++++++++++++++, would not buy ever. F+++++++++++++++++, would not buy ever.

Ladies and gentlemen. That my friend, is a professional review

sold out pc gamers for thumb twiddling console noobs. thx much.

NOT PURCHASING
NO DEDICATED SERVERS
NOT PURCHASING
NO DEDICATED SERVERS
NOT PURCHASING
NO DEDICATED SERVERS
NOT PURCHASING
NO DEDICATED SERVERS
NOT PURCHASING
NO DEDICATED SERVERS
NOT PURCHASING
NO DEDICATED SERVERS
NOT PURCHASING
NO DEDICATED SERVERSNOT PURCHASING
NO DEDICATED SERVERS
NOT PURCHASING
NO DEDICATED SERVERS
NOT PURCHASING
NO DEDICATED SERVERS
NOT PURCHASING
NO DEDICATED SERVERS


Another fine example of professional reviewing. Folks, if you're gonna review, typing in all caps will get your message out, no matter how much of a retard you are.

biggest disappointment to ever come out on pc, IW fuck off to consol cause no one wants your consol port piss poor shit excusses for a pc games anymore, do it quick before you start making us buy controllers to play your games and make the multiplayer split screen so ur presious consol fans dont feel left out.

Next thing you'll know, Motion Controls will become mandatory on PCs.

I have plans for a part 2. Perhaps a fallout on Gamespot, or any comments that prai...I mean bash me on this article. For now, live long...and lulz.

Works Cited: IGN PC Review
IGN 360 Review
IGN PS3 Review

No comments:

Post a Comment